Lasting Relationships. Meaningful Career.
Stable Financial Future. Their own Home and Car. Happiness.
That’s what we all want for our kid’s future, right? NanoExperiences can't promise all that, but it can offer an important start. NanoEx is a hands-on program that supplements a strong high school education. Give your child a boost onto a career path that can lead from high school to higher education and into a well-paying career in the nanotechnology field!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR THE YOUNG PEOPLE?
As a stepping stone to the future, NanoExperiences helps students:
- Build relationships with adults in science and technology fields
- Explore potential careers that fit individual interests
- Uncover their strengths and develop key job skills
Best of all, they'll have fun doing it in an engaging, team-oriented environment with like-minded peers!
Throughout the course of a year, NanoExperiences is a three part, out-of-school-time program centered at school and in local businesses.
- NanoSurvey (spring): From January to May, students attend two 45-minute after-school sessions per week to learn about nanoscience and technology (NS&T) from both classroom explorations and NS&T professionals.
- Nano@Work (summer): For eight days in June, they will explore careers, conduct investigations, and have real-world experience in NS&T industries.
- NanoSymposium (fall): From September to October, students attend two 45-minute after-school sessions per week to build on their summer experiences and develop a final project. This stage ends with a community-wide celebration. Family members and friends—come one, come all!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stay in touch with your child's experience through events and regular communication with program staff. You will explore additional ways to support your child's studies and future goals. You'll also learn more about potential careers available to them in science and technology. Cheer them along their pathway to a satisfying future!
- January Kick-Off Meeting - Before the start of NanoSurvey
- May Check-In Meeting - Before the Start of Nano@Work
- August Check-In Meeting - Before the Start of NanoSymposium
- November NanoExpo - Community-wide student presentations